Wednesday 25 July 2018

Sundry Nonsensical Jottings.

I do my best to understand myself (you might have noticed) but one thing I still don’t get is why I make jokes when I’m depressed.

(Somebody told me today that I’m depressed, but that was because she didn’t understand what I was saying. People often don’t. And actually I wasn’t. I was just fed up, which isn’t the same thing.)

Anyway, tonight I was thinking about the Dark Rider again – a frequent preoccupation these days – and was going to make a joke about the Lone Stranger and Toto. I decided that:

a. It was too deep and enigmatic.

b. You’d have to be ancient to get it.

c. It was crap anyway.

So I didn’t bother.

And then I started to write a spoof version of my favoured old ditty I Want to Go to Sleep Now, but I had a bit of a toothache and fell three lines short. I might pick it up again one day, but for now it’s confined ignominiously to a musty old drawer. Much like me.

At the moment I’m listening to the complete Boheme album by Deep Forest on YouTube, which is rather splendid. And I’ve suddenly started sneezing a lot.

And none of this matters at all. The real reason for making the post is that tomorrow I’m expecting to get the letter calling me in for the next operation and that will send my mood plummeting. After that I don’t know when I’ll post again and I do so like to make the 30 mark by the end of the month. Why on earth I should be concerned by something as pointless as a number is something else I don’t understand.

There are no slugs in my kitchen tonight, which is unusual.

Chloe’s friend, Anna, has a remarkably enlivening presence (just in case Chloe stumbles across my blog while trying to find something interesting to do in Vietnam.)

If anybody wants to meet me in Ashbourne tomorrow, feel free. Hang around Costa Coffee; I’ll be there some time. And please ask them to save me a cheese scone. They didn’t have any the last time I went in.

I think I might be finally turning into a bowl of trifle. Night.

No comments: