Tuesday 21 February 2012

Going the Way of...

I like blogging. It provides the bulk of my connection with the outside world in general and a few special people in particular. And so I’m always on the lookout for something to write about.

Yesterday morning I thought of something. ‘That’s interesting,’ thinks I, ‘I’ll write it later.’ Later came and I forgot what it was. I remembered it again this morning. ‘Ah, good. Remembered! I’ll write it as soon as I boot up the computer.’

But then I was making the bed and my back went again. A shooting pain, followed by a dull ache which continues to make its unwelcome presence felt. So then I booted the computer and the first thing that greeted me was the latest e-mail and petition from Avaaz, this time about the unimaginable atrocities being committed in Syria. I signed the petition and felt angry about Syria. I felt angry with the Arab League. I felt angry with the toothless United Nations. I felt angry with the Chinese and Russian governments. I felt angry with the human race.

And then I looked for the e-mails and blog visits which I hoped would be there, but weren’t. I decided to write the post, but couldn’t for the life of me remember what it was about.

Maybe it wasn’t so interesting after all.

I have garden work to do if my back will permit. I think I’ll do it before I eat, since eating tends to bring on the fatigue symptoms. Re-arrange the following words into a well known phrase or saying:

‘Up cracking I’m think I.’

4 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

I hate those days! Up cracking is merely another reality my dear Jeff. An upcracked is my favourite.

JJ said...

But you're weird, my dear Mel. Weirds are my favourite.

Anthropomorphica said...

I shall take that as a compliment!
These two word robot checks are driving me mad...

JJ said...

Compliment intended. Me too; don't suppose there'd be much point in complaining to Google