Wednesday 25 January 2012

An Inconvenient Condition.

This variant of CFS that I assume I have is being a bit of a nuisance. It isn’t just the occasional rapid descent into extreme tiredness, it’s everything else that comes with it – the bouts of general weariness coupled with heart palpitations, slight dizziness, hints of nausea, and the fact that any chronic sensitivities (like old knee injuries) all hurt at the same time. I got one this morning walking around the town. I felt a bit of a wreck.

I gather that formal diagnosis is a protracted process of eliminating other possibilities like anaemia. Can I be bothered? And it seems there’s no cure anyway except rest and stress reduction. Rest isn’t so much a problem, although it’s complicated if you live alone and have to do everything for yourself. The real difficulty is removing the stress. My nature, my principles, my sensibilities, and the fact that I decline to walk the Main Street of Greyville make me naturally prone to almost constant stress. It just comes with the territory, so I suppose I’ll have to put up with the inconvenience for as long as it lasts.

Time to start the dinner. When I can be bothered.

No comments: