Sunday 23 June 2024

Farage's Surprise and Inconsequential Oddments.

Ever since little Nigel Farage appeared on the political scene I’ve pilloried him because he really is a silly little prat.

But this week – for the first time ever in my experience – he said something which made sense. It was in connection with the real motivation for Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and was largely similar to what I’ve been saying all along. I admit to having been very surprised.

And look what happened. Suddenly, everybody who is anybody in the murky world of high level politics is crawling all over his back and calling him an idiot of the first order. Even Zelensky is jumping onto the band wagon with a level of condemnation that is little short of hysterical.

Does that surprise me? No, not at all. That’s just politicians being politicians, and fully justifies my having no faith or trust in any of them.

*  *  *

I sat out in the garden lightly clad this evening as the darkness was falling, and felt fully comfortable. Has summer finally arrived in Blighty, do you think?

*  *  *

I bought a pack of Earl Grey tea bags last week and have now developed the habit of using it for my afternoon tea. Fruity tea? Fruity tea. Never let it be said that JJ is not possessed of an adventurous spirit.

No comments: