Saturday 5 August 2023

The Bad Side of Connection.

I’ve read several times that the genome of the chimpanzee is the closest to that of homo sapiens. I gather it’s also a fact that the wild chimpanzee is by far the nastiest of the great apes (and other mammals generally, come to that), being given to much violent behaviour which includes hunting small monkeys and then tearing them apart and eating them alive. When you look at the way so many humans behave – especially those running the show – it seems reasonable to presume that the two facts are connected.

(I was amused to read of the violent mayhem experienced in New York City today over the giveaway promotion of Playstation 5s by some YouTuber I’ve thankfully never heard of. I’m also more than happy to admit that I don’t even know what a Playstation 5 is. Where oh where is that sweet chariot of a bloody space ship?)

No comments: