Monday 10 July 2023

Evolution: Then and Now.

This was me a very long time ago (but post-hippie by quite a long way), living in a different Shire about fifteen miles from here. At the time I was in one of the lower reaches of the rollercoaster which has been my life – clandestine affair, imminent divorce, my best friend (Em the dog) had recently died, and my day job was getting me down badly.
 
 
This was me around ten years later. Odd though it might seem, I was on the up slope at the time. 
 

And then I found the ring, murdered my buddy, and transformed into this.

You should see me now. Cats, being the smart and selective little creatures they are, flee my close presence. Even the wasps avoid me, and women no longer smile in amusement when they spot me shuffling my lonely little way across the market town alone and unregarded.

I’m in a flat mood today. I know I should be doing things, but I can’t be bothered to engage with anything that needs doing. It’s why I’m adding to the blog in the afternoon. Most unusual.

But something interesting happened yesterday. The Lady B’s car passed me on the lane and I could have sworn I saw several arms and hands raised in waves. I used to think I wasn’t prone to hallucinations, but now I know better.

Postscript Notes:

A few of the statements above are a little exaggerated, but not by much. And I’m intending to have chips and salad for my dinner. (My limited culinary skills are becoming tedious in the extreme.) Still no word from the hospital regarding the CT scans. My energy supplier, E.ON, continues to be incompetent

No comments: