Monday 17 October 2022

Bad News, a Bull's Head, and Bits.

Another difficult day: yet another example of corporate incompetence on the domestic front, general bad news on the home front, and even more disturbing events on the international front. I think I mentioned that I don’t have an off switch, so the day was replete with those levels of stress and anxiety to which I’m becoming ever more habituated these days, but of which I’m also becoming ever less tolerant.

No young ladies on foot, cycle or horseback, and no dogs joyful at the prospect of making my acquaintance. (I think it must be obvious by now that I would be content in a world populated almost exclusively by young women and dogs. They’re the two expressions of being to which I best relate. And did I mention the bull’s head that stared at me through a hole in a hedge yesterday? I expect there was a bull’s body behind it, but all I could see was the head. Walking past a hedge with a bull’s head in it is a surprisingly odd experience. I said ‘hello’ but the head didn’t answer.)

Today I did a particularly tough job in the garden, one I’ve been putting off for a while because I knew it wouldn’t be easy. In the process, I received an eye injury which I’m hoping will be temporary.

So now I’m at a loose end and considering the third watching of that wonderful film, Hanami-Sakura (aka Cherry Blossoms.) I considered giving a second outing to another wonderful film called Suffragette, but decided against if for two reasons. Firstly, it’s extremely harrowing, and secondly, the DVD box has a picture of Carey Mulligan staring out at me. Seeing Carey Mulligan staring at me with those Lady B eyes has a mildly disarming effect on my nervous system.

No comments: