Tuesday 16 August 2022

Banking on the Women in White.

The world is going through stormy waters at the moment, and to somebody with as strong a neurotic tendency as mine, that’s a problem. I find myself constantly pressured by the incessant, nagging conviction that the ship of life is about to be swamped and go under, either through environmental catastrophe, economic meltdown, or the onset of WWIII. (I also worry that Trump will somehow get back into the White House, but that seems unlikely since the Republican Party appears to be split between conservative traditionalists and redneck dunderheads. Maybe the Democrats will benefit from a split vote for once.)

I’ve been feeling like this all year. The only thing which has put a smile on my face has been the English women’s football team winning the European Championship, so maybe I should put my faith in them to save the day – to save us all from Satan’s power when we were gone astray, as it were.

No pressure, ladies, just do your best and at least I’ll have you to think of when the lights go out.

No comments: