Friday 10 August 2018

Today's Dichotomy.

Guess whose car I saw in Sainsbury’s car park today. The same dark blue car bearing the same distinctive registration number parked in the same bay as it was on the same day last week. No less a personage than She who must be endured.

My mind split immediately. Since I was just leaving, I couldn’t decide whether the rationalist in me should have been grateful for having been spared another dispiriting ‘hello’, or whether the masochist in me should have felt the sting of denial.

Strange things, minds. And even stranger is the fact that one person among the seven billion playing their petty roles on planet Earth could be capable of confusing another person's sense of self.

(I might just add that the rationalist eventually carried the day, but the masochist took some time to come out of his sulk.)

Time for beer and YouTube. It's the first beer I've had since my bladder was relieved of its foreign body. I hope I won't have cause to regret it.

No comments: