Tuesday 26 December 2017

The Lady B at Christmas.

The Lady B’s ghost did her charging rhino act again last night. She does occasionally; her wraith crashes into my consciousness with an almighty thud and it’s always unexpected. It happens when I’m engaged in some trivial act which has no connection with her and I’ve no idea why.

But of course, it led me to wonder what her erstwhile host is doing this Christmas and where she is doing it. I wonder whether she is musing quietly on her life thus far; I wonder whether she is looking into some celestial mirror and taking stock. I wish she would tell me, but she won’t and neither should she, since the only constructive purpose in looking back is to turn again and move forward with augmented intelligence.

And just to prove that I’m nothing if not imperfect in approving my own edicts, I have to say that I miss her and her little dog a lot sometimes. But trials will be trials and challenges will be challenges and isn’t that what Christmas is all about? And Christmas just wouldn’t be Christmas without a Lady B post, would it?

No comments: