Sunday 8 October 2017

Needing Amplitude.

Over the past few years I appear to have developed a certain level of gluten-intolerance. Whether it’s a high or low level I wouldn’t know, since I’ve never been gluten-intolerant before. Nevertheless, I am aware of it and I know that I could opt to change to a gluten-free diet. I decline to do so because:

1. Gluten-free products are considerably more expensive than their normal equivalents.

2. Gluten-free products aren’t as nice as their normal equivalents, and having something to eat which I actually like is one of the few positive prospects left to a reclusive person who is, coincidentally, also starting to look like Charles Laughton wearing lots of gruesome make up, only I don’t need the make up (just the bells and somewhere to hide from Esmeralda.)

3. Changing to a gluten-free diet is taking the straight line approach. Not changing to a gluten-free diet is the up and down approach. I’ve always been an up and down sort of person and I intend to stay that way for as long as I can. I gather some bi-polar sufferers decline medication for the same reason.

The up and down type

No comments: