Monday 6 February 2017

Attempting Improvement.

I sometimes have difficulty replying to the bigotry I encounter on YouTube. I have to concentrate hard if I’m to respond eloquently and rationally, but without anger or vindictiveness – to follow the Buddhist, and entirely proper in my opinion, edict to exercise non-judgemental observation. I frequently fail in this regard when it comes to my blog posts, tending instead to allow the primal me to show through. But evidence suggests that a lot more people read my YouTube comments than read my blog, so I have to be more careful.

I had this problem tonight. I think I’m getting better at it. It is, after all, my soul that’s at stake.

And you may accuse me of a little arrogance if you wish, and I wouldn’t entirely disagree. I’m trying to get better at that, too. I’ve almost completely excised didacticism from my system, but Rome wasn’t built in a day.

No comments: