Thursday 29 January 2015

Money Musing.

So Apple has made a quarterly profit of $18bn – the highest ever recorded for a public company.

I wonder how far $18bn would go if it were used to make the world a better place. And I wonder how many more fancy dinner parties Apple shareholders will be able to have on the strength of their big fat dividend payments. And I wonder how many people in the world starve to death in the time it takes to have a fancy dinner party. And I wonder how much space $18bn would take up if it were stacked in bundles of $50 bills. And I wonder whether Apple would send me a bundle of $50 bills as payment for working it out. And I wonder how many starving children it would take to match the weight of $18bn (stacked in bundles of $50 bills.)

Just wondering in an idle moment.

No comments: