Monday 14 November 2011

Life and the Writing of Strange Stuff.

There are times when I wonder who writes some of my blog posts. I swear it isn’t me. My fingers flick across the keyboard, and the next thing I know is I’m asking ‘What the bloody hell does that mean?’ But I post it anyway. Why not? The only difficulty arises when the occasional person comments and effectively asks ‘What the bloody hell does that mean?’ Then I have to try and work it out.

Some of my stories got written that way, so who is responsible – really? Is it Griselda (who’s giving me one of her I-know-things-you-don’t looks,) is it my favourite goddess, is it some little used part of my consciousness (maybe the part that whispers from behind veils and hints that my connection with life is unbreakable, whatever I think of the matter,) is it the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, even? I do hope to have one more Christmas (metaphorically speaking, of course.)

I don’t know, but it does give me the useful defence of disclaiming authorship. I can paraphrase poor old Ben and exclaim:

‘I didn’t see nuthin’. I don’t want to go to an asylum.’

Oh no?

No comments: