Friday 16 September 2011

Tasting the Real Thing.

I don’t want to labour an old, and arguably overdone, topic, but I have to make mention again of the subtle energy of nature that hangs in the air in my garden at twilight. There’s no point trying to describe it; it’s one of those things that have to be felt to be understood.

Tonight it was particularly strong – almost as strong as it was on Beltane Eve. And as I stood enthralled by the richness and beneficence of the subtle charge that was seeping through my skin and into my consciousness, a big Tawny Owl flew low over my head.

Is it surprising that I have such difficulty finding anything to watch on the TV these days? What reflection of modern urban culture could hope to follow an experience like that? Is it surprising that I’m becoming ever more alienated from said urban culture? How can you go back to drinking cheap instant coffee when you’ve tasted a brew made from the finest, fresh beans? And will there ever be anyone to share it with? Unlikely.

No comments: