Monday 27 June 2011

Being Introspective and Slightly Mad.

How aware of a person can you be when you’re in their heart but not their life? Isn’t that a bit like being unable to see the wood when you’re stuck in the middle of it? This is something that’s been much on my mind these past four and a half weeks.

Maybe I should explain whether I’m being objective or subjective here, or maybe I shouldn’t. The question is valid either way.

No answers expected, though; it really doesn’t matter. This blog has been rather too introspective for a while now.

On a more upbeat note, I was explaining to my beetle friend (the one that’s taken to living under my shoes in the kitchen and has to keep moving every time I put them on) how much better it is to be mad than sane. He was half hidden under the tumble dryer at the time and had his back to me, so I don’t know whether he was listening or not.

There. That’s much better.

2 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

You can think you're intricately aware of them. But I guess we never really know, unless some twist of fate makes them actually come into your life. Being in the wood is being oblivious. Being in their heart is being so finely attuned that you forget that you're oblivious.

JJ said...

But suppose you don't know you're in somebody's heart, only that you're out of their life. And suppose it's your heart that's occupied.

Best ignore me. I can't be any less cryptic than that.